Scenario 3: Tornado
This scenario uses a real event that took place in south-central Minnesota to illustrate a natural disaster.
After you complete this lesson, you will be able to apply principles of environmental health to this type of emergency situation. These include:
This scenario will take about 20 minutes to complete.
- Determining the nature of the incident.
- Working with other agencies.
- Defining the EH specialty areas that come into play.
- Addressing environmental concerns.
- Paying attention to communication issues.
- Helping with recovery needs.
- Iimplementing workplace and personal plans.