Scenario 2: Anhydrous Ammonia Chemical Spill
This scenario uses a real event that took place in Minot, ND to illustrate a chemical spill.
After you complete this lesson, you will be able to apply principles of environmental health to this type of emergency situation. These include:
- Assessing the damage and extent of the incident.
- Determining the nature of the pollutant.
- Taking into consideration the agent-host-environment factors.
- Functioning under the incident command system.
- Working with other agencies and outside contractors.
- Addressing environmental concerns.
- Paying attention to communication issues.
This scenario will take about 20 minutes to complete.