Scenario 1: Mercury contamination
This scenario uses a real event that took place in Rosemount, MN in 2004 to illustrate an elemental liquid mercury contamination incident.
After you complete this lesson, you will be able to apply principles of environmental health to this type of emergency situation. These include:
- Assessing the impact of the incident.
- Determining the type of emergency.
- Taking into consideration the agent-host-environment factors.
- Deciding on your primary goal as an EH professional.
- Distinguishing your role and that of other agencies.
- Addressing environmental concerns.
- Paying attention to communication issues.
This scenario will take about 20 minutes to complete.